Inspiration lives here.

I'm trying to find inspiration in any place I can find it these days. They say it takes six months to change a habit. I hope when June rolls around that I have finally conquered my love of eating everything I shouldn't. Not that I have been overly bad these last few weeks, but I haven't been overly great either. I'm still losing weight at a rate of about 1.5 pounds a week. I'm happy because the slower you lose it, the longer you keep it off. I do not want to go through this again when I'm skinny...or um...healthier. I mean the goal is to be healthy, not skinny, right? Who am I kidding...I really want to be skinny!! :) I would love to see what it feels like to not worry about what I wear or how it looks.  Plus I could finally shop all those stores that sell cheap, but stylish clothing. So getting back to the inspiration...I know I'm going to hit a wall once I lose 10% of my weight. It has happened before, I suspect it will happen again. I am trying to prepare myself, so hopefully I can break through that barrier and keep losing. I am inspired by my weight loss because I have never been this successful at losing weight and not gaining it back immediately. Eating healthy has been a challenge, but a fun one as I learn to cook new ways and eat new things. I am inspired by all the women on Oprah's show last week that lost 100 pounds or more. Did anyone see this show? Really amazing. I am inspired that I am starting to gain control over my food addiction. I look at food differently now. I constantly as myself...is this really happening? Did I just turn down chocolate and not look back? Did I just pass the potato chip aisle and not break out into a sweat? I never thought I could triumph over temptation, but little by little I'm winning more battles and eventually I'll win the war. I can feel this to be true this time. Not like all the other times. I am motivated to get my life together. Why now I wonder? I think turning 40 has a way of putting things into perspective. At some point, women really do have to start taking care of themselves. I have heard this time and time again, but I never really got it until this year. When we take care of ourselves, we teach our children to take care of themselves. I believe I am more present with my children, family, and friends because I am not tired and worn out all the time. I actually go outside with my kids and play with them instead of sitting and watching. Whoever said that life is a full contact sport is so right. I don't see any other way to play it. I feel I have entire chunks of time missing from my life. Times and places and things I can't remember. In those places is where misery lives. I am inspired that I am getting back my life and banishing misery. Temptation will always be everywhere and I choose not to give in anymore. I simply cannot. For if I do, my life will be wasted. I refuse to waste anymore time getting into the game. I cannot waste time regretting decisions that got me to this weight. I forgive myself and I find inspiration there, too.

So changing gears a little here, but in speaking about temptation, I must tell you about a new find. If anyone reading this lives close to me or in my area you must visit Cherry Berry. It's a self serve frozen yogurt bar. Most of the yogurts are low fat or no fat which naturally means it is a bit higher in sugar, so I'm not advocating eating there everyday, but it's a great treat when you're wanting something sweet and a lot less calories than ice cream. A 4 oz. serving has between 13g and 19g of sugar and is between 80-130 calories depending on which flavor you choose. There's a million toppings to add, which will add calories. Today I got 4.5 oz of triple chocolate and island coconut (half and half) and added low fat granola, strawberries, and blackberries. All of this was only 180 calories and 14g of sugar. Not bad for a sweet treat that's good for you (the yogurt contains probiotics and live cultures). It satisfied my craving and I didn't have to break my calorie bank.

Thanks so much for reading. Wish me luck and inspiration. Please share your stories so that I may be even more inspired. God Bless,

Tracie

No comments:

Post a Comment